CHANDIGARH COLLEGE OF HOTEL MANAGEMENT
ABOUT / COLLEGE PROFILE
Chandigarh College of Hotel Management catering Technology is one of the premier Hotel Management Institutes of India which is a constituent of Chandigarh Group of Colleges. The college is located in North India which is about two hundred fifty kilometers from New Delhi. Chandigarh is well connected from New Delhi through regular flights, train and Volvo service. The college was established in 2009 and from first year only the Institute has been at the fore front in the areas of rigorous academic standards, grooming & personality development, faculty development and co-curricular activities which include organizing many events and sending students to other prestigious Institutes to participate in different competitions. All these initiatives result in excellent academic results and best placements for our students. Over the period of time, almost all the names of Hospitality, Hotel, Fast Food and allied sectors including retail have been bee lining to CCHMCT for picking our bright students.
CCHMCT has a distinction of the following achievements:
- MOU signed with Global Education Management for arranging internship for our students in United Kingdom.
- The Institute maintains excellent placement record. Last year about thirty seven Hospitality/ Hotel chains recruited our students.
- The Institute hosts regular training programs for its faculty by inviting distinguished speakers from Industry and academia for various training programs.
- The Institute runs the course for school drop outs under Hunar Se Rozgar scheme( Employment through skills development) . Two hundred students were trained under this scheme in the areas of cookers, bakery and confectionary, House Keeping and Flower decoration.
- CCHMCT has started a travel agency to impart practical training to its students in the areas of ticketing and tour operations. The immigration services, visa consultations, hotel bookings- National and International are done through this project by the students.
- The Institute host about twenty national and international guest speakers in year 2013-2014 academic year.
- CCHMCT students participated in national level culinary competitions and won prizes.
Chandigarh College of Hotel Management catering Technology continuously explores new initiative’s so as to provide our students the best possible opportunities on national and International level. In order to achieve this we are continuously looking for international partners who through mutual benefit schemes can partner with us in the following areas though signing MOU-Student exchange, Faculty exchange, Internship schemes, Training opportunities in the areas of academic leadership.
CCHMCT BAGS “BEST INSTITUTE AWARD “ BY NCHMCT &MINISTRY OF TOURISM,GOVT OF INDIA
(2011-12) by Ministry of Tourism Govt of India along with NCHMCT announced the National Award of Excellence in Hospitality Education for year 2011-12 CCHMCT proudly bagged the top postion on both categories namely Best Institute Award and Best Faculty Award in 2013 competing against 57 institutes imparting hospitality education across india .The Parameters considered for award includes Quality of Teaching, Exposure to Innovations, Corporate placements & Training programmes