CHANDIGARH COLLEGE OF HOTEL MANAGEMENT
Catering Technology, Landran is one of the premier Hotel Management Institutes of India and is a constituent of Chandigarh Group of Colleges. The college is located near Chandigarh in North India, and is about two hundred fifty kilometres from New Delhi. Chandigarh is well connected to New Delhi through regular flights, train and Volvo Bus service. The college was established in 2009 and from inception year the Institute has been front runner for good academic standards, grooming & personality development, faculty development and co-curricular activities which include organizing events and sending students for inter collegiate competitions. Besides these the College puts a major thrust on close connect for training with the leading names of the hospitality industry to ensure students are offered the best of placements. As a result all the renowned names in the Hospitality, Hotel, Fast Food and allied sectors including retail have been regularly conducting placement drives at the campus to source talent form CCHMCT.
CCHMCT has a distinction of the following achievements:
- MOU signed with Global Education Management for facilitating internship for our students in the United Kingdom.
- The Institute maintains an excellent placement record. Last year about thirty-seven Hospitality/ Hotel chains recruited our students.
- The Institute conducts regular training programs for its faculty by inviting distinguished speakers from Industry and academia.
- CCHMCT has started a travel agency to impart practical training to its students in the areas of ticketing and tour operations. The immigration services, visa consultations, hotel bookings- National and International are done through this project by the students.
- The Institute invited about twenty national and international guest speakers during 2018-2019 academic years.
- CCHMCT students participated in national level culinary competitions and won prizes.
CCHMCT BAGS “BEST INSTITUTE AWARD” BY NCHMCT &MINISTRY OF TOURISM, GOVT OF INDIA (2011-12). Ministry of Tourism, Govt of India along with NCHMCT announced the National Award of Excellence in Hospitality Education for year 2011-12 CCHMCT proudly bagged the top position in both categories namely Best Institute Award and Best Faculty Award in 2013 competing against 57 institutes imparting hospitality education across India .The institutes were judged for awards on the parameters Quality of Teaching, Exposure to Innovations, Corporate placements & Training programmes.